Sunday, August 4, 2013

Crazy adventures

so yesterday was THE DAY! we got up real early to get on our ocean cruise to the reef! It was a huge boat that we took called the ocean spirit. It had a huge front deck that we lounged on for the two hour ride out to the reef. when we arrived it was gorgeous. We went to an island that's a protected bird sanctuary so there was a ton of birds. I went right out on the first trip to go snorkeling. It was GORGEOUS. I got really close to a lot of the wild life, touched a giant clam and found nemo! I cant even describe the feeling I had while I was gazing at the reef. Its just so great. Im glad that I also had a reef teach the day before so I could actually identify species and know what I was looking at. Even though my snorkel mask kept getting water in it I had a great time snorkeling. Then I headed back to the boat to go scuba diving!! we suit and everything. Since it was my first time diving I had a partner and we were connected arm to arm to a certified diver that led us around the reef and did our ascending and descending deeper into the water. That was soo beautiful being so close to huge walls of coral!! I was amazed. Overall one of the greatest, if not the BEST day of my life was spent on the reef yesterday. And on our boat ride back we ran into a group of hump back whales!! I couldn't catch any pictures of them breaching because my camera doesn't zoom that far, but there was a lot of action. One large female, and one baby were playing around in the waters. They breached many times and it was a fantastic sight. My tour leaders first time seeing whales on the tour, he was even surprised we saw them!! I was so lucky on that trip. My tour leader also said that out of all the times hes been out to that spot it was the clearest water hes ever seen. And the warmest water hes been in. SO LUCKY!! it was just an amazing day. Could'nt have gone any better. After that we all got back and went out to dinner together at a really cool bar where they gave away free champagne to the ladies :P. Easily one of the best days of my life. My dream came true!! Top of the bucket list is checked off. :) Great Barrier Reef, Check. Then today I went bungee jumping!! It was so exhilarating. I was flying literally through the air. I was tied around me ankles so it seemed like there was nothing there. It was such a crazy experience. Definitely will want to do it again. My friend also got a video of the whole thing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment